Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stop Bunny-Punchings

Augh! So much work! I can't wait til this over, so I can have time for other things like, oh, say, planning my wedding! Three more things to cross out of today's work to-dos and then hmm..I can choose my flowers or something.

But first, let me tell you about a client who requested that I use Comic Sans on materials for a children's event. Why is it that this clumsy-looking font is deemed default for anything associated with children? Poor kids. What's wrong with a good serif? There are so many other options! We've got as many fonts out there as we do hair. Her reason for insisting: "So that it matches the rest of our décor." Ohhh-kaaay.

To be fair, client listened to gentle reason and agreed to use another type with the same playful intention, but with tons more dignity. Everyone's happy. I leave you with propaganda from bancomicsans.com. I declare this a classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home