Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Whee!

Our tiny design studio got very little sleep last night as we finished up more of our SEC papers. What started out as a relatively “moderne electronick yeah-yeah” task slowly turned into a blast from the past, complete with manual typewriter, correction fluid and yes, carbon paper. It seems these pre-sold forms refuse to behave consistently in any desktop printer and our nerves were getting frayed as sheet after sheet got jammed. 3 am, wind howling and the rain pouring outside, dear C. sat hunched over this charmingly antiquated appliance as wide as a suitcase, tapping away with the concentration of a surgeon…

All this and you can type, too? I’m smitten.

Here’s a goodie from the children’s activity column I finished today:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This, fuelled by a couple of hours’ sleep, some jellybeans and the movie soundtrack of Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992). I just found out that C. had it, and so I have been listening to it all morning. I suspect I spooked some of the other folks at work today.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Coppola’s version is still one of my favorite movies of all time – the lush story-telling, the gorgeous production design and the beautiful, beautiful costumes by Eiko Ishioka. It was one of the movies that made me realize how much i love design. I’ll gush about this more sometime.

After brief deliberation with my darling design partner it’s been decided that I get the rest of the day off! So home I go. A nap and then I think I’ll watch the dvd!

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

You're still at the office?! Rest na. :)

September 06, 2005 3:02 PM  
Blogger Tee said...

hay kaya pla we're friends! :)

September 11, 2005 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home