Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Congratulate Me..

I have been resisting the urge to buy a donut all day.
It is not so easy to do, considering the donut shop is probably less than 30 feet away.

It has been a quiet day without Carlo at the office (yo te echo de menos). Just me and the tree outside the window. Bjørk is on, sounding as wired as ever. What is this woman on?

I visited wearyellow.com today, which was updated after Lance Armstrong's victory in the Tour de France and his retirement from competitive cycling. I was moved. I took a deep breath today and was grateful again. And this is my prayer -- may it always be so with me.

Methinks I'll wear my yellow livestrong band again.

2 Comments:

Blogger nini said...

Vince, you are right, a lot of people believe he is doped -- when he performs as well as he does it is hard to imagine that he isn't "on something". If he is then it would be a shame.

To hear about his fight with cancer though is what truly moves me, because I lost my sister a few years ago to the disease too. And she fought as hard as she could, and was as strong as she could possibly be. I remember her when i see Armstrong alive and strong (and cocky as he is). It reminds me that I should be thankful for every day I am alive, even the not-so-good days. I am compelled to live well (live strong?) because I feel I am living two lifetimes -- one for myself and one for my sister, who left too soon. She was only 29 when she died. I am now older than her. And I miss her everyday.

About the donut-- as lovely as they are, I don't want to be eating one a day! But maybe today I'll have one. :)

Thank you for posting.

July 28, 2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger nini said...

Thank you for your message. I'll keep the bracelet on :)
I also just visited your blog. It's hilarious. I'll be dropping in from now on.

July 28, 2005 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home