Saturday, August 14, 2004

Goodbye, Loveys.

I am off to Davao tomorrow. For the next few days I shall be shooting mangroves and other fun stuff. Hopefully when I return I will be in better spirits, and my head will no longer be in my backpack. Would you like anything from there? I will consider anything (even durian, as long as it is frozen), except that thing from inside the tuna that looks like a tube (I don’t know what it’s called, but it looks nasty).

The last time I was there, I tried to purchase orchids from a big nursery. The adorable lady in charge asked me some questions about the environment I was going to keep the plants in (how much sun do you get, do you have shade, do you even know how to care for orchids, etc.) Apparently I didn’t give her the “right” answers—and she politely steered me to other, non-flowering plants (which I didn’t want). Finally, we settled on an amaryllis. It bloomed, big and beautiful, when I returned home. The plant is still thriving but has not flowered since.

Anyway, hold that thought. I’ll be back. (smile)

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Are you home yet? x10000

August 15, 2004 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home