Saturday, June 26, 2004

Saturday Night Geek

It’s 8.30 on Saturday night, and I’m working. This has to be wrong. Been working since this afternoon on the layout of a commemorative magazine full of the WORST-written articles I’ve come across in a while. It’s so frustrating trying to make it look good visually, when the content is simply atrocious. In case you don’t believe me, some samples (let’s hope none of these people ever come across my blog):


I was feeling at ease with them when I received something from the registrar – they were asking me to move to another section since the section were (sic) I was is already crowded. Lucky me, I thought… I don’t want to do it but I have no choice. And that meant another adjustment to me. Good thing though, the girls on the section I transferred were all nice and approachable.

(The) albums were selling like hot pancakes.

To my luck, I tripped off in the stairs.

As I stood up, I fell in the floor again this time I almost kiss the floor.

Bang the damn thing if the product get stuck.

Still, those terrorist are still on the loose and no one has an idea on when will they strike next.

The tantamount of our classrooms where we learn how to socialize…

…it isn’t tantamount to the amount of time spent together. (Tantamount is today’s big word, apparently)

If I was to chose (sic) another school, maybe I’d chose another one… but I gained great fiends (sic) here…

You’ll never know when will those be so handy at times. (And I hope I never will)

Meaning, their lives and probably the lives of many others around them would be revolving around their chosen career path, unless they decide to shift to another course. They would then eat and breathe anything and everything concerning their majors. It would definitely take over their lives. (Ano daw?)


Tama ba yan?! Is this fair? Is this right?? Is it any wonder I’m upset? I’ve just spent my Saturday designing a publication for grammar terrorists. What is the world coming to? I have to calm down. Maybe I can send everything back and politely suggest they get a living, breathing editor.

I need to get out of here.

9 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Kasi naman.... Basta ako, I had Ice Monster. =P

June 27, 2004 3:42 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

hey nina! Stumbled on your blog. :) Nice posts!!1

June 28, 2004 1:04 AM  
Blogger color_blind said...

hi nina. as tina's dictation: i'm tina's friend so i'm your friend,too :)

such a joy reading that post. very,very enlightening. har. nakakahawa nga eh.

yun lang :)

tintin

June 28, 2004 4:43 PM  
Blogger nini said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 29, 2004 2:23 PM  
Blogger nini said...

thank you, eli. :)
tinapoot, is that you?

June 29, 2004 2:35 PM  
Blogger Tee said...

hello Nins! yes this is me. the other entry was from my office bud TinTin. now you've got one more virtual friend :) love your title. when you texted it, took me some full 5 minutes to realize its very familiar..Aslan would have been very pleased. combo would be Chronicles of Narnini. i can just imagine him r.o.l.w.r. (roaring out loud while rolling--now say it as fast you can). nwys glad to see you on board this trip!

June 30, 2004 3:32 AM  
Blogger nini said...

the chronicles of narnini, i like it. :)
i'm glad you dropped in. hello to tintin too!

June 30, 2004 10:26 AM  
Blogger nini said...

You're right, I feel better. :)

Let me add one more from a client I once had (a government agency no less):

"The new library will serve as our main suppository of information."

Thanks for posting.

July 02, 2004 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overheard in the Recruitment Office of an Asian-based Call Center: This applicant LEAVES faraway so I don't she'll take the Job Offer in Alabang ;)

July 13, 2004 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home