Thursday, June 24, 2004

My New Boyfriend

For creative inspiration, I tack photos above my desk and change them on a fairly regular basis.

“Skully” has been benevolently watching over me for a week now. This handsome photo by Neal Oshima is originally from an equally gorgeous book, The Treasures of the Philippine National Museum (designed by Robert Alejandro. Hello, I’m a fan.). Happily, they’ve also been developed as postcards, available at the National Museum shop.

The skull was discovered in Bolinao, Pangasinan and is dated to be from between the 14th and 15th centuries. Detail may be lost here, but the teeth are covered with tiny gold scales, indicative of the skull-owner’s wealth, status and courage.

Must ring my dentist soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

I think I remember who gave you that book. ü

June 29, 2004 7:51 AM  
Blogger nini said...

So do I. (grin)
I really loved it, and was devastated when it went missing after I moved out of my first office. I'm still looking for it.

June 29, 2004 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home