Sunday, November 14, 2004

In The Dark

On the 12th of November, Carlo’s friend, a photographer named Mike Llorin was killed by a stray bullet. I am told he was attending a car show in Makati, when a group outside got into an argument and, as absolute morons are wont to do, decided the only way to settle it was with their guns.

I met Mike last week at a store opening. The briefest crossing of paths, and now this horrible turn of events. There is a wave of sadness, shock and anger in C’s community. I am told that Mike was a fine human being. I am also told that people aren’t just saying this about him because he is gone -- as is sometimes the tendency -- but because he really was a good man, in an age when goodness is often an afterthought. I can’t even say that I knew this man, but the senselessness of his death makes my spirit weep.

Mike was married with three children. He was 30 years old.

(I know You are reading this. I want You to explain this to me. I am waiting.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tee said...

(((((( nins )))))) =*(

November 16, 2004 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home